Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Jobbage

Alright, so I haven't updated this in a bit... been a bit busy with the new job. Yes, that's right, new job. My school tried to give me the old one two, so I left. Anyway, for those that don't know, I'm now a code monkey... web and mobile development mostly.

Anyway, I'll post some images later. I've got some pretty cool ones, including cool foods. I ate an egg that was soaked in horse piss to cure it. It tasted like an egg soaked in horse piss. Other crazy stuff includes a whole fish (head and all) that you eat in one bit. It is full of eggs, so it pops when you bit into it. More shrimps... whole shrimps. One of my Taiwanese buddies eats the whole tail, skin and all, then sucks the guts out and then chews on the head. I had scallop juice. Juice from scallops, the seafood.

Found a pretty cool pub near our place. It is Irish, so should I ever feel home sick, I think I'll just grab some lamb stew and Guinness. I've been walking around a whole lot. Just getting my bearings up here in Danshui.

Alright, well back to code monkeying.

1 comment:

The Mighty Yam said...

So, what was the old "one, two" that the school tried to pull? Pay you half as much and try to get you to work twice as long? Yep, that sounds like Taiwan. You probably left at the right time or else they might have started sending you home with tennis shoes to sew while you eat your horse-piss eggs - which I always suggest trying something at least once, as long as it won't kill you - but seriously, man, horse-piss eggs will kill you!


And to anyone else reading this besides me, if TheRealSchmitt dies of horse-piss poisoning or gets caught in a Taiwanese POW code monkey bondage camp, I already dubbed his car and book collection.


Good thing you found another gig, because if you came back now,sure,you know the BLumBossMan would take you back in a second, but everyone would tease you for not having cajones (I say that as I sit in the same ol' chair in the same ol' office at the same ol' job after three years.)


Hang in there - Mat