Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Alright, so I'm flying out to Hong Kong here soon. I'm really excited to go, the only drag is the trip to the airport. I don't mind flying, but it takes like 2 hours to get to the airport from Danshui. I gotta take the subway to the main train station (1 hour), then hop onto a bus to the airport (another hour), from there I gotta wait 2 hours for a 1.5 hour flight... ugh, seriously. Oh well. I'm going to be spending my first night in Kowloon, which is part of Hong Kong, but not the island. It is attached to the mainland. I don't know if I'll stay there, but I do know I am going to try to slip up into China for a day. I need to buy new shoes. I have worn a hole, literally through my shoes. You can see my socks... and not only a little bit of socks, but my whole heel. I hate buying new shoes (I know, they are a weird thing to get attached to), so you can imagine it is pretty bad.

I originally wanted to go to the Philippines this weekend, but the price of the HK trip was too good to pass up (about $200 US roundtrip). However, for next month I found a trip to Iloilo for about $1,500 NT. That is about $50US. I need to scrape the money together stat so I can get it before the prices jump up.

2 comments:

The Mighty Yam said...

You make it sound like you are going to HK to buy shoes. They don't have shoes in Taiwan?

Heady Mead! said...

No, I was going to buy shoes while in HK. They are cheaper there... although I never got around to that. Come on, like I would fly anywhere to buy clothes...