Monday, November 3, 2008

HK

Back from HK. It was pretty fun. I spent some time in Lantau, which is a small island that hasn't been overly developed like Kowloon and HK Island. Lantau was really cool. All the foreigners where getting onto this gondola thing to go up to the gigantic sitting Buddha which Lantau is known for, but the gondola looked pretty lame. I walked around a bit and found all the locals getting on a small bus, so I hopped on the bus and got a 2 hour bus ride around the island. I saw some pretty cool fishing village type places. The bus finally ended up at the temple with the Buddha, where I got off. It was a pretty cool statue.

I spent Halloween night at a huge party. The city closed down quite a few city blocks to traffic and had a shindig. It was awesome. I snagged some pictures, although they arn't very good. I'll get 'em up soon.

No comments: